As you’ve probably noticed, our site was completely taken off-line earlier this week (around 9/24/2012). Why, you ask? Well, it all started with my previous website being constantly throttled back because my host said my site was consuming too many resources. So, after trying various cache’ing options and other things to improve the performance, I got bored and started trying to improve the security of my site instead. Well, one of the security plugins just so happened to lock up my website to the point I couldn’t access anything. After spending hours trying to fix it, then ultimately having changed so many things via the back-end FTP site, I decided to erase and start over…
Crazy, I know. (Note to self: don’t work on the website really late at night….)
So, the next day I completely re-installed Wordpress (what this site is built with). Before I even had any content added to my site, I decided to see if my site was still being throttled by my host. Amazingly, IT WAS! There was nothing on the site, nothing for the server to serve, and it was still too much for them to handle. Audios, stone-age host!!
I’m happy to say I’ve switched hosts and can already see a dramatic speed increase. Hopefully I can get everything back up and running very soon. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!